In partnership with the Cole Foundation, the Culturally Diverse Artist Project is an additional lottery and mentorship program available to culturally diverse and/or ethno-racially diverse artists. Artists are eligible to apply if they self-identify as Indigenous, Metis, Inuit, or as a Person of Colour.
No administration fee is charged to join the Culturally Diverse Artist Lottery. If selected, no additional application fees will be charged to participate in the 2020 St-Ambroise Montreal Fringe Festival.
Successful applicants will also receive 40 hours of free rehearsal time at MainLine Theatre, a bursary of $250 to cover promotional or production expenses, and access to a mentor from January to June.
- Deadline to apply is November 8, 2019, at 6pm.
- There is no fee to apply to the Culturally Diverse Artist Project Lottery.
- If selected, the festival application fee is waived.
- To apply, please go here and answer “Yes” to the eligibility criteria questions on page 2 of our Application Form.
- The festival will select two participants, one local French and one local English. A waiting list of four companies will also be drawn in the event that a selected artist cannot participate.
- This Culturally Diverse Artist Lottery will take place before the general lottery categories are drawn during the public lottery event to be held on November 9 from 5 pm-7 pm at North Star Pinball (3908, boul. Saint-Laurent Blvd). The event will be livestreamed at facebook.com/FRINGEmtl
Applying to both Culturally Diverse Artist Lottery and General Lottery:
It is possible to apply to both the Culturally Diverse Artist Lottery and General Lottery.
- If an applicant wants their application to carry over automatically to the General Lottery, they must select and pay the standard non-refundable $55 administration fee before the November 8, 2019 deadline.
- If selected in the Culturally Diverse Artist Lottery, the $55 fee will be refunded and the application will not carry over to the general lottery.
- If not selected in the Culturally Diverse Artist Lottery, the $55 fee automatically qualifies the application for a second chance to be drawn in the appropriate General Lottery category. All standard policies and fees will apply in the General Lottery. See the full Application Form for more details.
- Applicants will be required to disclose how they self-identify as culturally and/or ethno-racially diverse. This information will be strictly confidential. This is necessary to preserve fairness and equity of the program, but will have no further bearing on chances of success.
- The main contact person for the company must (1) have a permanent address in Quebec, have landed immigrant status, permanent residency, or Canadian citizenship and (2) cannot have produced a show at the St-Ambroise Montreal Fringe Festival previously.
If you have any questions or if your company requires any accessibility accommodations in order to submit your application, please contact Deirdre Grégoire, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-849-FEST and we will do our best to assist you.
The Culturally Diverse Artist Project is made possible through the financial support of the Cole Foundation.